Use of Telephone Policy
- The school has the use of a telephone/fax for all school personnel including pupils, which gives access to parents/guardians and all services.
- The principal/teacher/school secretary will monitor all calls necessary from children to home or outside services.
- It is school policy to forbid the use of mobile phones by children in our school.
- In exceptional circumstances and following a written request from the parent/guardian, permission from the school principal may be granted to a pupil to bring a mobile phone to school.
- Pupils, who have been granted such permission must keep the mobile phone in their school bags where it must remain switched off at all times until they leave the school premises.
- Pupils who breach the above rules will have their phones confiscated. It will be stored in the office where it must be collected by a parent/guardian.
- The use of mobile phones for essential calls by staff, parents or visitors to the school should be kept to a minimum and should be taken/made if possible in an open area or in an area where children are not present.
- Members of staff should not receive or make personal calls from their mobile phones during class time.