Some children in the school have severe allergic reactions to peanuts/nuts. This allergic reaction can occur through ingestion of peanut/nut products, cross contamination and breathing peanuts/nuts in the air.

Since this condition can be very serious, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk to these children by:

1. Avoiding giving children peanuts or any nuts in school lunches.

2. Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches.

3. Asking children not to share their lunches.

It is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of an allergic reaction to these children. We also have a pupil who has an allergy to kiwis. Please continue to place fruit in your child’s lunch box but please avoid kiwis for lunch. We thank you for your co-operation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *